average rating: 5.00
A FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS!
1. most importantly, THANK YOU so much to Tiuni and everybody else who suggested hemlock for a comic spotlight! \(>w<)/ i'm planning on drawing a thank you picture this weekend, it caught me by surprise so i didn't have anything ready as a thank you!
2. next weekend is KaPow! comic con in London, i'll be sharing a table with my good friends claude and paul. we will be the mild gronktapus (mild tarantula/gronk comics/dogtopus)! if you want to come, remember tickets must be purchased in advance, there are no tickets on the door!
3. some of you may know i have a twitter account. sometimes i post little sneak previews of things coming up in hemlock on there.
4. there is a crowd scene coming up, involving a bunch of witches. one of my friends already demanded to feature in hemlock somehow, and she was super fun to draw in my style. this is kind of inspired by the webcomic "sailor twain", but, does anybody want to make a cameo as a witch? XD i'm making NO guarantees, i find some people much easier to draw than others, and i don't know how many i will need. but if you want a chance of being a witch in hemlock, send me a photo of yourself soon by email! it helps if you have long hair. there's a reason lumi's hair is short! thank you for all of your emails! i think i have more than enough now ^^
5. that's all from me! next week will be 5/6 pages! i'm so glad this market scene is over, jeez.
@kittypaint: thank you so much! <3
@Hadles: i think she prefers her baggy housewifey dresses XD
@Stitchedbullet: i usually try to update at least 2 pages! >w< next week is going to be a big one, i think!
@mr.mushroom: thank you! it's the first time KaPow! is happening so i'm not sure what to expect...
@Lyco: oh man, KaPow! is super expensive as well, so it's probably better that you decided against it >_< we had to squeeze the three of us into a mild gronktapus on one table just to get the costs down. haha maybe i should use the photos of you with the anime wig! XD
@Coffins_for_Kids: even side straddling...that's a damn big petticoat under there!
@Fang Shinobi: mine is the same! :D i look like a hobo lol
@ICu: haha i totally forgot it was april fool's day, so, nope! not a joke! i wish i'd done an april fools update, gah.
@3o-s-knight: awww, lumi is pretty harmless really XD thank you so much! and yaaay someone else who reads sailor twain :D
@Tiuni: it was mentioned in lumi's story as well that there are 3 other types of magic ^^
@cure: haha maybe one day! thank you >w<
@bombsoverbordeaux: i think blood is stronger than spit though XD or maybe they do different things? who knows!
@Mcsnazzlepantz: aww thank you so much! that means a lot to me because i love old fairy tale illustrations!
@jello-bomb: what if you just lifted your legs up? would the wire frame under the petticoat keep you standing still and support your weight? XD
@Hipityhop: got it! :)
@Kohikki: nope, there are only 3 male witches, and those are baba yaga's sons ;p wizards are a different thing entirely! in hemlock, at least, haha! thank you so much <3
Such a lovely and interesting style. It's very cute and heartwarming and the black and white contrast is charming.
Aw, Lumi, you look so cute in that dress, though!
Multi-page update! That totally made my day. :'D
Gorgeous pages as always, hee so tiny details in collar!
I wish you luck to cons, i hope you'll sell many books :D!
Eee the little black "CLIMB" speechbubble is great, and so is this update :D
I was tempted to go to KaPow! but I'm glad I decided against it, I'm flipping out a little at this months workload XD Have fun and sell lots!
Also I would absolutely love to cameo as a witch but I only have mid-length hair, so that's not very helpful >.< If you do fancy dropping my likeness in there anyway (because I'd be ecstatic >u<) then there are photos of me on my FB should you need em ^_^
As always, can't wait to read more, the story gets more and more interesting with every update...
Side straddle it Lumi. Side straddle.
I have long hair, but it's super curly, so... lol but I'm embarrassed to send a pic.
I really love your comic by far! Your style is facinating and you update so much so often!
I hope that the witch cameo-thing wasn't an april's fools joke ; n ;
Urgh I love this comic so much, the flow is so easy, the pacing is fantastic, I'm a little scared of lumi after setting her snap XD Iprefer her pratical magic tomore complex magic, I think. Congratulations on the spotlight!!!!! :'D and on 700 fans?! You deserve it =DDDD anyways, I can't wait to see what comes of the scene full of witches, I'm rather exited :D I'd love a cameo butI hate the way I look xDmaybeid rather request a character from one of my comics instead hahaha xD also also ps. I love sailor twain =]]]
Congrats! Hemlock totally deserves to be in spotlight section! Next station: Most Popular :)
ah HAH. so thats why she doesnt have a wand!
her spit has magic. that is the coolest thing ever. -jealous-
love this update, and tristan. he's so cute, criticizing lumi and whatnot.
I like your style...pointy and old-fashioned. :) these drawings are something I'd expect to see in a book of fairytales. Works perfectly with the story.
Don't let anyone get you down Lumi, your old magic is radical! Also, RE: the dress - you're not meant to sit. :P
Hahaha, I just sent an email. I totally want to be a cameo witch! :D
Aww, I missed the chance to apply to be a witch! Oh well, dunno if guys can be witches anyway, haha.
Congrats on the spotlight! I can't believe you haven't gotten it before!
I think I might already be following you on twitter, but if not, I am going to follow you so hard. >:3
Lumi and her not being used to big fancy dresses is too adorable. She's such a great character. :)
i just picked up reading hemlock and im totally entrancedO-O your art is so pretty:D and the story is so awesome! please dont stop D:!!
no more pages?
it's too awesome <3 i can't live without it until tomorrow
O dear gods! Here it goes anothe or of a one-lifetimetime chances!
Geeez, i really would have liked to feature in your fantacomic!
template by whistleonwild | icons by famfamfam